Wednesday, January 16, 2013

kidnapper

I confess. I was a 5 year old kidnapper. My mom took me with her down the road about a mile to visit with Mrs. Hubbard and her 3 kids, Mary Lou, Martha, and Jimbo. Jimbo was maybe two younger than I. We were having a great time playing while the adults chatted, but it was time to go home all too soon. I was not ready to stop playing yet so I managed to somehow smuggle Jimbo into the backseat of Mom's car. She had no idea we had a stowaway until we got home and he popped up with a big grin on his little face. I thought we'd be able to just keep on playing, but alas, that's not what happened. Mom phoned Mrs. Hubbard, who hadn't even had time to miss him. She came and took him home, much to my disappointment. I don't remember getting into trouble over this. Maybe Mom thought it was funny enough to let it slide.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment