Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Engagement Ring


I wonder how accurate my memories are......  but my best recollection is that Tom and Em were newly engaged and riding in a horse drawn buggy when they began to argue......about what, I don't recall if I ever knew, but knowing the Blackwell hardheadedness, I can only imagine.  So Granny showed him.  She removed her engagement ring and tossed it away.  Tom was stunned and regretted making her angry enough to do such a thing.  He stopped the wagon, aned together they searched in the grass until they found it. The ring was returned to her finger where it stayed for many years. I recall Granny saying that they laughed about this whenever the two of them relived this story.  After Granny passed, Tompa gave the ring to Betty because she was her namesake.....
    So this is my first contribution to the family  stories
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment